Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Marcella's Ristorante

Boyfriend has been trying to get me to go to Marcella's Ristorante for the last fifty-seven years (okay, more like two months) and about two weeks ago, I finally stopped struggling and just went with it. Once we got there, I wasn't quite sure why I'd been resisting for so long.

Marcella's has two locations: one in Short North (where we went) and one in Polaris. The Short North location comes with the typical pain-in-the-butt of trying to park your car somewhere within walking distance, but the Polaris location is, well...in Polaris. So take your pick.

The Short North location is actually pretty cool, because instead of having outdoor seating, the entire front wall of the restaurant opens like a giant window so the whole front room is like an outdoor patio. We were there on a Thursday and it was fairly crowded, which has stopped surprising me when it comes to good Columbus restaurants. We started out sitting at the bar, ordered a few beers, then moved to a table; Boyfriend had something I don't remember because it had meat in it so I wasn't gonna eat it anyway, and I had a mushroom pizza that was easily the best mushroom pizza I've ever had. Seriously. It was fabulous.

We actually went back to Marcella's a few days later when my mom was in town for a visit, because she suffers from severe culinary xenophobia and breaks out in intense tremors when confronted with any food which did not originate in America, Italy, or a Mexican border town. Boyfriend had the mushroom pizza this time, and I had a great pasta Alfredo. My mom had spaghetti, but the marinara was excellent so it's less boring than it sounds. We split a bottle of white wine between the three of us, and I can say with confidence that I have never before seen my teetotaler mother drink that much alcohol in one sitting.

...She had about a glass and a half. I really don't know where I get it from.

Marcella's Ristorante on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment